Car AC Service and Repair in Sunninghill, ON
There is no doubt that the air conditioning system in your vehicle makes summer driving tolerable. Instant cold air blowing in your face fends off the heat and humidity of southern Ontario. As a result, you stay calm, cool, and collected during your daily commute or long road trips.
Sometimes, your ac system becomes sluggish, blowing with less forceor at warmer than usual temperatures. If you are unsure how to handle your vehicle’s ac problem, please contact Eric’s Automotive. Our team of trained technicians is ready to perform any ac service to get you back on the road.
Your Car’s AC At a Glance
While most people reap the benefits of an AC system in their vehicle, many people do not know how they work. The technology working behind the scenes to keep you at a comfortable temperature is quite complex. Let’s take a look at the inner workings of your car air conditioner.
Your car’s air conditioning system is outfitted with many different components; a compressor, a condenser, an evaporator, to name a few. An essential ac gas known as refrigerant is also present. Together, these components move the refrigerant through a closed-loop system, shifting between liquid and gaseous states, resulting in cool air.
Step 1: Compressor
As a low-pressure, low-temperature gas enters the compressor, it works to compress the refrigerant into a high-pressure, high-temperature gas.
Step 2: Condenser
This highly pressurized, hot gas leaves the compressor and enters the condenser. This component is comprised of a series of coils that outside air passes over. This cools the refrigerant and turns it into a liquid.
Step 3: Receiver-Drier
The still highly pressurized, but now cold liquid enters the receiver-dryer where any water is absorbed from the refrigerant.
Step 4: Expansion Valve or Orifice Tube
The flow is restricted as the refrigerant passes through either the expansion valve or the orifice tube. This restriction converts the refrigerant from a high-pressure liquid to a low-pressure liquid mist before it enters the evaporator.
Step 5: Evaporator
As the low-pressure liquid mist flows through the evaporator, a blower motor pushes air across the cold tubes of the evaporator. This delivers cooled air into the passenger compartment of the automobile. Here the refrigerant reverts into a gaseous state and is fed into the compressor starting the process over again.
What is Wrong With My AC System?
As noted earlier, a vehicle’s ac system operates in a pressurized closed-loop system. It is imperative they remain completely sealed. If refrigerant escapes or debris contaminates your vehicle’s ac could be at risk for a failure.
There are a few common air conditioning problems that could be affecting your vehicle
- There is a refrigerant leak – if your vehicle is blowing warmer air or you notice a wet patch under your car you could be experiencing a refrigerant leak. While you might be able to find this yourself, the team at Eric’s can find the leak and perform the necessary service to get your ac working again
- A broken cooling fan – A broken cooling fan will continue to push air into the cabin but it will be hot and muggy. Look to your air conditioning repair team at Eric’s for help with this or any other electrical issues.
- A bad condenser, compressor, or other major component –If you are hearing loud noises when the ac is running you could have issues with a major component. Our team can check for any issues and conduct the proper air condition service to get your back on the road.
- A build up of debris – Our vehicles are subject to dirt, dust, and debris on a daily basis. These contaminants can get in between important components of your AC system or trapped in the cabin air filter restricting airflow.
AC Services at Eric’s Automotive
Whether it is an ac recharge, scheduled maintenance, or a more extensive repair service, the team at Eric’s Automotive is here to help. We are able to diagnose and repair all ac issues ensuring that your summer drives are as comfortable as possible.
When you book an appointment for Air Conditioning service, we complete the following:
- Check the outlet temperature at the beginning of the service Check the system pressures
- Perform a visual inspection of the system
- Verify condenser fan and blower motor operation
- Check the cabin air filter
- Verify the system is at the correct capacity. Fill with dye (if required)
- Recheck the outlet temperature after the service
Looking for your AC Specialist in the Sunninghill Area, trust the team at Eric’s. Book an appointment online or speak with one of our service advisors today.
About Eric’s Automotive
Since 2003, the friendly team at Eric’s Automotive has been keeping cars and customers happy. We provide top-notch maintenance and vehicle repair service to Sunninghill area cars and their owners. We service and repair domestic and import automobiles, SUVs, and light duty trucks and we are the cost effective alternative to your car dealership for service and scheduled maintenance.
Conveniently located on King St E, one block west of Gage Ave in Hamilton’s east end, Eric’s Automotive is equipped with four services bays for your convenience. Certified technicians work together, using state of the art diagnostic equipment to guarantee your vehicle is repaired and serviced correctly the first time. We only use the highest quality replacement parts, filters, oils and components on our customer’s vehicles.